Tuesday, August 30, 2011

New Greens for a New Season

Who’s played on the new greens at Glenlakes Golf Club? Not I—but I plan to this fall. The club reopened on August 16th after resurfacing its greens. My next golf vacation is coming up this fall, and Glenlakes will definitely be on my list of courses to play.

I’m envisioning a refreshing experience when I get down there: cooler weather, fresh, smooth greens, and hiking along some of the Gulf nature trails (a little off-topic, but still an excellent Gulf Shores & Orange Beach fall activity). Playing on new greens can feel like playing on a new course, and I’m looking forward to undertaking this in a whole new season.

Other things going on this fall: the Gulf Coast Golf Expo Tee Off Tournament is taking place on Friday, October 21st at the Gulf Shores Golf Club. The $99 tournament fee includes a cart, lunch, a surprise grab bag, and a two-day VIP ticket to the Gulf Coast Golf Expo.

Fall golf isn’t too far off. Time to start planning the getaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment