Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Check Out the Gulf Shores Golf Association Mobile Site

I admit, I’m a little bit anti-technology. I normally despise when you’re sitting there with someone and they feel the constant need to whip out their phone and correspond with every person they’ve ever met in their life. But…

I finally joined the 21st Century recently and bought myself an iPhone, and I can see how it would be so easy to develop that constantly-connected addiction. And although I’m trying really hard not to fall into that trap, I failed miserably the other day during a lunch outing with some friends, who happen to also be some of my best golf buddies and who happened to decide that we were long overdue for a golf trip.

Suddenly we all had our phones out, and the Golf Gulf Shores mobile site was our best friend. We were all on the site, checking out Gulf Shores & Orange Beach accommodations and deals, browsing golf courses and voicing our opinions on which ones would be best to play during a spring golf vacation (as it was quickly decided that spring is when we should plan for).

And I can totally see being down there this spring, iPhone in hand, looking at maps and descriptions of restaurants in the area as a way to decide where to eat after our round of golf is finished. It’s a handy little tool, that mobile site, and it would be especially useful if you’ve never been to Gulf Shores & Orange Beach and you’re looking for fast information on restaurants, lodging, golf courses, and the location of it all.

As for myself, I think I’ve just discovered a whole new world. Excuse me while I go check it out on my phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment